Oh Thank you, Aeh! It's hard because I do not want them to take away his scribing accommodations (which they do in a second ... in fact, every time they re-write the IEP they leave those (the only accommodations that REALLY matter) out in the hopes that I won't notice. Every time I have to say "uh put those back in please!" In the past, when I have expressed my desire that he should be gradually moving to more independence with technology, teachers have refused to allow him scribing (in clear violation of the iep) and plop him on the computer every chance they get even though he wasn't/isn't a proficient typist and or doesn't do well with the scanning, etc. THEN they complain he takes too long! He had taken to hiding in the bathroom because the thought of trying to get his work done on the computer was overwhelming due to his poor typing and tech skills. I am not kidding. So, I have to be careful. However, he will not want to have a scribe following him constantly for the rest of his school career. Nor do I think that is good. He needs to very gradually and with good support move towards more independence ... the school simply can not seem to get that right. The scribe fills out worksheets for him that are just one word fill in the blanks. I can not seem to get a balance! He is going into 4th grade so I want the next two years to focus on more progress in this area so that in middle school he could do a lot more without a scribe...

Anyway, I really like your wording! Thank you!