Hello all, Hoping some of you can guide/help me on wording for my son's IEP. He has dysgraphia and gets a one-to-one scribe for part of the day to help with all of his writing. Which is great! However, my concern is that he does need to be moving towards working without a scribe. He gets typing lessons in OT at school to that end. However, I feel like they need to incorporate more ways to help him "write" and complete worksheets independently... I think he needs "scaffolding" (I think that is the word for what he needs???) assistance with decent apps/technology to gradually phase out the constant scribe. Problem is that drawing text boxes is so frustrating and time consuming, it's just easier with a scribe. We need to find better ways then! Snaptype just updated and it's nice - you take a pic of the worksheet and on can just type right on the 'picture' - no text boxes.. you can then email it, save it , print it, etc. We need stuff like that! And yes we have had an AT eval frown Not only do I want the tech/apps - I want him to be assisted until he is competent...

So, iep team wants to know what I want added to "parental concerns" section and that is what I want added. Would someone please help me with the wording? This is what I have as a rough draft:

"provide (child) with technology and apps, as well as daily assistance and instruction on the use of said technology and apps, to help (child) become more independent in writing and rely less on a scribe. An example of one such app would be "snap type" for worksheets."