Hello All, I had my second son tested with the WISC V and recently received the results. He seems to not have any of the problems of twice exceptionality that the older one has. As an aside, I am so not used a neurotypical child who does not have dysgraphia - completely floored that this kid can write (and I am sure it is just average but, comparatively, it floors me.) I was a bit surprised at how well he did, in terms of giftedness though, because he also isn't as intense or as verbal as the older one.

Anyway, here are his scores. The one thing that annoys me about this test is the timing aspect ... I get that timing is necessary for certain portions to see how fast or slow a child processes but for the other indices it should not be done in my opinion. As you can see, for Visual Puzzles with the time limit, he got a 9 (average), when the time limit was removed in
Visual Puzzles he got a 15. This kid is very visual spatial and loves puzzles - always has. I got the impression from him that there was some sort of time limit on the block puzzles too - though tester and report didn't mention it.

Anyway, here are the scores. Would love to hear people's feedback or if you notice any issues smile

FSIQ 132 (98%ile)
GAI 138 (99%ile)

Verbal Comprehension Index 139
Visual Spatial Index 114
Fluid Reasoning Index 128
Working Memory Index 112
Processing Speed Index 108

Similarities 18
Vocab 16

Block Design 16
Visual Puzzles (with time limit) 9
Visual Puzzles (no time limit) 15

Matrix Reasoning 13
Figure Weights 17

Digit Span 11
Picture Span 13

Coding 11
Symbol Search 12

Last edited by Irena; 06/26/15 06:59 AM.