I got my child with DCD/dyspraxia this cutlery set

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007G4RTLQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

which is quite nice and not babyish/too childish.

I also had to get my kiddo year-round private swim lessons. He was determined to learn. He is quite a good swimmer now! He still takes lessons (since we have to take his brother anyway) to work on his technique and different strokes. But he is doing really well... He really needed the one on one, firm but nice and encouraging lessons all year round.

The thing that shocked me and brought me to tears was when he went out and played ice hockey. That was an instance of something I never thought he'd do (I didn't have much hope for anything athletic in general but certainly never imagined he would play ice hockey). He was terrible at first but he is so determined. He is actually okay now - not great but definitely much improved. He is better at defense. He just has to work so much harder at things than other kids but when he is determined enough - he puts in the grit and gets there.

He still can not write though. And I think he is just not determined enough with writing. I am not sure - that really is a huge deficit for him.