Hi all, after a lot of...shuffling and drama and back and forth, we have decided to go to a meeting with our public school elementary principal and curriculum supervisor/asst superintentant, to discuss any potential possibility of making public school work for our PG DS5. We have no expectations really, and are sort of prepared for the worst, but we are doing our due diligence, and have been told by numerous people that, at very least, might be able to get some sort of resources/assistance out of it (again, not holding our breathes).

I was wondering if anyone had any last minute advice with how to go in there, what to bring, what to say/suggest, questions to ask, things to look out for etc etc. I know a lot of you have been through this so your advice is invaluable. I want to stress that DS5 is pretty asynchronous and very advanced (esp in math...we are talking about (with gaps here and there, of course) a clear understanding of ~7th grade topics and above.) But he's 5. So it's rough. Beyond rough. Reading is probably not as bad - more like a 3-4th grade reading level...and pretty good fine motor writing skills, can write in sentences etc. Anyway, just looking for advice/support. Thanks, as always, for your endless helpfulness smile