Polarbear - the WJ scores given were from the WJ achievement tests done by the psych last September. All I know from the school's test is that he scored 114 on the WJ Cognitive Abilities. I have asked the tester for a copy of his scores.

I don't know if this is germane to the topic, or just me being a mama lion protecting her cub; but the psych who tested DS last fall was one from Hoagies' list. The psych at the school is relatively young and mentioned during the testing that one of the tests she used was one she doesn't do often. I know they did more than the WJ, I just don't know WHAT more they did yet. DH and I honestly trust the evaluation of the private psych more than the evaluation of the school psych as I am fairly sure she does not deal with the gifted testing all that often.

I would assume we can only compare the WISC IV to the WJ Cognitive Ability test for an apples to apples comparison.

I appreciate everyone's help. I know we are going to appeal this, but I want to be sure we have looked at EVERYTHING before we do. And I think I need to get a certain amount of emotion under control before appealing! (From Emotion to Advocacy, anyone!)