Thank you to everyone for the informative responses. I really appreciate it. I will try to keep emotions out of it and I already have all of the data to give to them at the meeting.

As far as her goal plan it includes both ELA and Mathematics, but we have had 3 years with nothing really followed on the plan(K, 2 and 4th). To make a long story short we would meet twice a year and I would explain what we felt needed to be done and they would write out "goals" and they would or wouldn't be met. My dd has had stacks of worksheets come home and was often separated in the back of the class grading papers or tutoring other kids at the worst of times and other times she had great independent study projects to work out that brought her a lot of happiness and enrichment. Those teachers and I always worked well together and it was an open line of communication. The other years I felt like it was a constant struggle of back and forth. After awhile I would kind of give up and hope for the best the next year. This last year I kinda had it in my head next year will be different when she can be placed in the self contained class...shame on me I know.

The program she can do on the weekend is both Math and ELA, she tested into both. She has taken classes in both. I have the teacher notes on all her classes. It is not a program that you can get into without high test scores.

I think that there are lots of kids who do well in class so I agree that isn't a definitive sign so I will move that to the bottom of my list.

I think all of her teachers she has had in school would speak to her strong work ethic. It is something every teacher she has had points out. I know her teacher did give her a strong recommendation for getting into the program.

I understand that state testing isn't necessarily an indicator of being gifted, but just that her scores are well beyond the exceeds standard and that maybe it would be another plus. I feel like STAR testing isn't always a good measure b/c these kids take them all the time and it is almost like they don't view them as important and will often just sit down and hurry up to get done so they can read. At least that seems to be the opinion of a lot of parents. I know my dd gets tired of taking them, but she knows they matter and does care about how well she does.

I feel like when I look at my list of data as to why she is a good candidate there are many and there list only has one. That makes me feel hopeful. Thanks again, it has been helpful to read the tips and honestly just vent before our meeting on Monday.