DD10 had the same complaint, which combined with visual perception issues making it difficult to find the right key, made typing harder to learn than I had hoped. I think voice-to-text is going to be the solution for her but Dragon hasn't been able to pick up her voice. Recently our AT consultant tried her out on a new iPad that allows her to incorporate both keyboarding and voice-to-text. She can now move between the 2, typing a word if it doesn't pick up her voice, and can also use text-to-voice to help her select the correct choice from the word prediction list. This is supposed to be available on iPad 3 and higher so she no longer needs Dragon. Her keyboarding skills are improving but very, very slowly.

My DD has also decided that she wants to keep trying to write some by hand. Very surprising after all the years complaining about hand pain and being desperate to get out of it. We introduced cursive this year in case its easier for her than printing. This will never be her main means to communicate but as she recently pointed out there may be times that she doesn't have access to technology and wants to be able to write a note if necessary. She looked me straight in the eye and said "Mom you know you can't run away from your problems - right?"