I know very little about CBT. My son with anxiety/depression has/is doing traditional therapy. Recent reading I've done about CBT makes it seem like DS would be a candidate. But my son seems to be a lot better at this time so I'm not rocking the boat, he has a therapist who works with gifted teens that seems to be helping. What I wanted to say was that I've been there after an eval. It can be a bit of a blow to hear some of what the psychologist had to say about my DS. What I was told AFTER my son did his testing was that most kids are referred to this kind of testing because parents WANT to get a ADHD, ASD or other similar diagnosis because their child has been having behavior problems. And that many testers don't really know how to evaluate a gifted child.

Take your time. Do a bit of research. Call the group of therapist she recommended and ask to speak to one of them to see what therapy would be like. Get a second opinion if it will make you feel better, it doesn't need to be a full evaluation. CBT is the latest wonder technique and I don't really know what all is involved. But the little reading I've done CBT rankles me a bit as someone as someone values free thinking, creativity and differences.

How old is your DS? My DS did get very frustrated easily as a child and is MUCH MUCH better now just over the past few months although he isn't perfect. I did have had him in therapy for it in 6th grade and we started it again last year in 9th.