Welcome to the forums Anar!

I have a 2e child who is now in high school, and who has challenges with expressive language (primarily impacts written expression), and fine motor (DCD/dysgraphia). My advice is that the *number 1* best thing you can do for your ds right now is to get him evaluated if you suspect he's 2e, so that you can understand the root cause of what's going on, how it impacts him now, how it might impact him in the future, and so you can come up with an appropriate game-plan for accommodations/remediation that will make sense for your ds and will work.

Re the gifted program, yes, I would advocate to get him included. We absolutely saw with my 2e ds that he had a challenge that wasn't going to magically disappear, the challenge needed remediation, but the remediation worked better when he was placed in the appropriate academic setting that met his intellectual abilities. Holding him back in non-accelerated and non-gifted classrooms did not help at all, and just added frustration to a child who already had a lot of frustration from his LD.

Best wishes,

polarbear