I'm getting tired. My DS6 is in K and is bored out of his mind. He's a high-energy kid and bounces around when he's not engaged. It's a problem. I met with the school in February to discuss possibilities for 1st grade because their pull-out gifted program doesn't even start until 2nd.

They fed me a bunch of "we don't have the resources," and "aren't you worried about behavior," etc. We decided to see how he did in the pilot reading program where kids are matched on ability rather than age. He's done wonderfully. So I emailed the group I met with to remind them that we need to make some plans for next year. I did that last week. Not a single one of them (5) responded. And the teacher refuses to take suggestions from his therapist about ways to handle his anxiety in the classroom. I feel like I have offended them, even though I have worked VERY hard not to do that.

I don't know what to do at this point. I want to go in there armed with irrefutable information and make them listen. I am getting him the WJ, so they have no reason to deny the Iowa Acceleration Scale, which I've asked for. He has IQ scores, but above-level testing would be good. I'm doing that outside of the school system, as they do nothing until SECOND grade.

I can't handle another year like K. He can't. Any thoughts, suggestions, anecdotal stories?