DD10 is sensitive and extroverted. DD is also extremely conscientious/compliant, so she compensates by being extremely self-controlled around adults, but obviously she doesn't feel the need to be compliant around peers, so she has issues there. Her extroversion does lead her into a chameleon mode with peers in order to seek friends, so that helps her.

I can tell you that, five years ago, bullies were a major problem for her, but DW and I discuss the problems DD has in ways that encourage perspective taking, taking a broader view and finding good in people rather than focusing solely on the bad, and in brainstorming alternative ways that particular situations could have been handled. In the time since, DD has turned some of her bullies into friends, and even the ones she doesn't consider friends, she has at least come to some reasonable accommodations.

I've been careful to indicate that there are some upsides to emotional excitability, too. It's the key to great music and acting. Channeled correctly, it can provide a huge advantage in competitive endeavors. It doesn't do any good to demonize emotional sensitivity, since all she can do is learn to manage it. It's never going to go away (and in fact, she's due for a MAJOR escalation sometime in the near future).