I'm meeting with the teacher this week, to evaluate the enrichment that she started offering the past month or so, and to discuss SSA (with grade acceleration in the back of my mind). The school acceleration process is 'in review' due to the implementation of 'more rigorous' common core curriculum (as in, it's a case-by-case basis with no easy-to-find procedure that I can see). Our very experienced K-2 teacher says she's never been asked about acceleration.

We currently do not do year-end tests, with the first normed achievement test offered in 3rd grade. Math placement tests come in 4th grade. I can't see her enduring 2+ more years at this pace. I believe the enrichment is 2nd grade level thinking oriented stuff, outside the curriculum -- neat stuff she loves, but doesn't make up for the in-class math frustration.

ConnectingDots: That's awesome. It has been suggested to me to have her tested with the third graders in second grade, but they don't do the assessment testing until January, results in late March, so I still need a plan for the next year.