My son is about to turn 4 (next week!) and is fully entering a bit of a destructive stage. He's super into cars and loves his model die-cast cars but he loves them to death. Wing mirrors, headlights, wheels, seats, steering mechanisms, and anything else you can think of ends up coming off of his cars. He also takes apart the tape dispenser while we're doing crafts, takes the knobs off of our lamps, etc etc. He does love building things with Lego and stuff like that, but he seems to have a particular urge to disassemble things right now.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could suggest some good toys or household objects that he could take apart? I've let him play with ballpoint pens and flashlights, but couldn't come up with anything else with a simple 'cool' mechanism that he could explore that wouldn't be too dangerous. Bonus points if he could actually maybe get it back together by himself. He is proficient with a screwdriver and can change the batteries in his toys and stuff like that.