Wow! What a wonderful achievement. You have every right to be proud and enjoy every second of it! It kind of sucks that you cannot really share such a milestone with too many people frown

If it makes you feel better our older one (DYS) could remember words at this age but couldn't sound them out. He "only" recognized words he remembered. As a matter of fact he never sounded out words, not even later on.

Originally Posted by HoosierMommy
Sometimes I feel out-of-place, thinking that DD2.5 is smart, but not that smart. It seems like a lot of the kids are EG or PG, which feels very out of my league.

BTDT. We knew DS5 was smart, but not "that" smart. May be a little bit more than an average gifted kid, but for sure nothing that unusual. Let's just say that flew out of the window once we saw his score results. Your daughter sure belongs here smile

Now I am going through the same thing with DS4 who btw started sounding out unknown words at 2.5, but he cannot be as gifted as others on this board wink

If you haven't tried it yet. www.starfall.com is a fantastic source for beginner readers. We think that's where DS4 learned how to sound out words.

Congratulations again. I still remember how much excited we were about the very same thing.

LMom