The school DS is in is it good fit, but DD would only have about 1 year there. She is currently in a highly gifted program but it's not really working out because I believe it's very unstructured with the "flipped math", and kids working through the book basically at their one pace while watching online videos, very little help from the teacher (because there are 25 or 30 other kids), etc. The lang. arts/social studies teacher operates the same way. The kids have piles of work and are basically just expected to work through it, but to make matters worse, they sit in groups and are allowed to talk, and the talk isn't necessarily about the work. DD acts like a space cadet there. If I had known that's how they do things I would have thought twice about sending her there. This charter program would go through Jr. High whereas the other one would end after elementary. I may keep it on the back burner and hope they get enough kids to actually start the school, and once it's established, try to see it in action.