So, I think we are giving up on having my son in public school at the end of this school year (kindergarten). I feel terrible I researched and picked this school and I thought it would fit his needs. The teacher is overwhelmed and doesnt differentiate. I feel like this year is a total waste for my kid. I feel horrible and guilty. Some of the students' behaviors were so severe that the principal, assistant principal and counselor intervened and asked the parent volunteers to stop coming while the class was "restructured." And when I say severe--one student smeared feces on the bathroom wall (bathroom is located in classroom.).

My son has been acting out and is obsessed with the behavior chart. He isn't challenged and I honestly think what little he did learn could have been done in a month of me homeschooling.

I don't even know what to look for in a private school. My husband and I found one that we both like (a rarity), and I think our son would appreciate the faster pace, but I no longer trust my judgment because I liked the public school. I just don't know where to start.