Originally Posted by Bean
Club sport competes by age, so that is unaffected. When she hits high school that changes.

She's extremely proud of a second place she got last year in one event, on one day, though.

I really am only concerned about her missing a cut off with say, a 7th grade SAT for xyz opportunity because she's actually a 6th grader by age.

I'm not worried about her winning ANYTHING, but we are running out of academic challenge and peer stuff locally, and I don't want opportunities, such as camps with entrance requirements to be off the table because of a paper placement.

I totally get this. Our ds skipped 6th grade. He looked amazing on paper before. Now, he's still good, but not near the top. It's a tradeoff. For us, we were afraid of the consequences of keeping him in a grade that didn't challenge him. He was also a perfectionist. Skipping gave him the opportunity to work through all that. He still gets high grades in school, but doesn't test near the top anymore. It's okay. Part of it is developmental. We assume he'll catch up and then soar again.