Originally Posted by Bean
Club sport competes by age, so that is unaffected. When she hits high school that changes.

She's extremely proud of a second place she got last year in one event, on one day, though.

I really am only concerned about her missing a cut off with say, a 7th grade SAT for xyz opportunity because she's actually a 6th grader by age.

I'm not worried about her winning ANYTHING, but we are running out of academic challenge and peer stuff locally, and I don't want opportunities, such as camps with entrance requirements to be off the table because of a paper placement.

I totally understand where you are coming from. DS10 is a young 5th grader who will be homeschooling next year. The school he is in now has recommended that we grade skip him and make him a homeschooled 7th grader next year. Like you, I knew that no matter his grade on paper, I could meet him with appropriate challenge. And like you, I wanted to make sure that he didn't lose valuable resources like camps, etc... because of the grade-skip. I reached out to the programs we were interested in and just asked. Since these are programs that cater to gifted kids, it was not an unusual question for them. Some have not responded yet but our most valuable resource (a program through Vanderbilt that we travel for since there is so little here) has assured us that he could participate at his grade-skipped level or he could participate at his age-grade level. Sometimes it's just worth asking.