Okay, this last one is kind of funny to me, actually, as the first app listed in the article is something I've actually used, in an earlier version. It's not something you can automatically set up to observe all the students. You need an actual human being to operate it, and you can only watch one kid at a time (and a reference child). It's just a convenience tool. I do exactly the same thing using a stopwatch and a pencil and paper. Plus my brain, for calculating percentage of time on-task/off-task, etc.

Most of these apps are behavioral in nature, and intended for use with individual children who have already been referred for some kind of behavioral or social skills challenge. It's highly unlikely that anyone is using them broadly, or without some level of parental consent, as they are way too labor-intensive to implement on random children.

In terms of identifying children who hide their abilities, adaptive software probably has a better chance of doing that. E.g., Scholastics SRI reading comprehension, properly used NWEA MAP (although we've extensively discussed some of their limitations elsewhere), and the like.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...