Thinking about the vision thing reminded me of the trouble my son has recognizing people. I just figured it was an ASD thing. I was really concerned though over the weekend when at a friend's birthday party I helped a boy put on his jacket and my son walked up to me, leaned between us, looked right at me, and said "is that my mommy?" I couldn't believe he was unable to recognize me just because I was doing something he doesn't normally see me doing. I'm used to him asking if every kid with a certain build or hair color/style is one of his friends or insisting a random lady is a friends mom, but this was something new and rather disturbing.

With the other vision concerns I think I will definitely try to find someone who will take me seriously this time. His father and my mother both require serious corrective lenses in the 4+ and 5+ ranges. I also wear glasses, but my vision is no where near that bad.

To Puffin, we actually spent about a month total getting rid of the Prozac. Since he was taking such a minuscule dose to begin with it might not even have been necessary to go as slowly as we did. I felt from the beginning that the med made him less anxious, but also much more hyper. I'm relieved to see that the hyperactivity seems to have settled down in the last few days. I figure that if I'm the only one who has to deal with him and he is generally happy, we have no need of drugs at this point.

I gave him the Singapore Math 1A test today and he got them all right (I had him complete it independently so as not to accidentally help him, but I did have to point out questions he had skipped accidentally). Ever since he took the assessment he has been writing out sheets of math work for me to do and giving me ratings. It's so cute. Tomorrow we will do 1B. I'm still trying to get a hold of someone at the district who can get me his IQ test results. Sending daily emails and getting ignored. Love our district.

Last edited by PanzerAzelSaturn; 03/11/15 02:13 PM.