Some items that stand out to me: his VCI is not really made up of consistent subtests. His concrete verbal ability (vocabulary) is at the same level as his visual spatial scores. What was not as strong was verbal reasoning--making connections between two verbal concepts. Similarly, between the two fluid reasoning subtests, his quantitative reasoning was on a par with his visual spatial thinking, but matrix reasoning, which is more abstract, was in the Average range. His working memory is also in the Average range. His PSI says that he is very efficient with rote visual tasks. In that sense, one could say that he has a visual preference based in his working memory profile, having more to do, possibly, with his stronger performance when provided with a model to work from, than when required to hold everything in his memory.

I suspect that the relative weaknesses are not in VCI or FRI per se, but in pulling together, or integrating, various skills or concepts. This would fit with the social deficits you are reporting, without meeting criteria for being on the autistic spectrum, as accurate social perception and social problem-solving require a lot of inference. Your perception of ADHD-like symptoms is also not unreasonable, when you combine personal relative weaknesses in working memory (closely associated with attention), and unusually high speed, which can come across as impulsivity, even if it is not.

You should not be able to calculate a GAI or FSIQ without access to a manual. I do have one, and could take a look at it when I'm in my office, but I would agree with your evaluator that neither one is really the best measure of his abilities, given the significant diversity of index scores.

Last edited by aeh; 03/05/15 05:27 AM. Reason: typos

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...