I was going through some old posts trying to find something else when I came across this...not sure why I never updated this to say:
the class ended up being extremely disorganized, and I think for quite a while my ds was off the whole idea of any programming, which was really aggravating. I think he is warming up again to the idea, and has remained of course a steadfast video game fan (older games!).
Anyway, the issue was that the instructor and online system were stating different due dates, and even then changing those as well mid-assignment. Ds would get assignments, start working on them and find out later the dates were all changed (and we parents saw the dates change too, it was not just him).
Anyway, he did well and completed the course but not without a couple of very long weekends -- a good lesson in life, to be sure. Sometimes things are not fair and there isn't much you can do about it, but if you can just hunker down and work hard and get out the other side it's still a 'win', despite being unfair.

Anyway, maybe there is improvement there since he took the course, but 'buyer beware' on this one. If you get the assignment list/dates maybe print out a copy before the dates all start to change.

Again, the material covered was just about ideal for a beginning programmer who wants to move quickly into seeing results and making actual games.