Originally Posted by ndw
I agree with Bluemagic that study skills are often what gifted kids need most. They just don't need them until the workload increases and that is often at a much later date than NT kids. If your DD is willing to give it a try then it could be useful. Is it expensive? Could she go to the first session and try it out and stop if it isn't useful?

Our school runs a program in study skills. They have different things for each year group and generally do it early in the school year. Their diary has a section on study skills. Learning how to learn is the main thing to get out of school. Gifted kids may not get that lesson because school often isn't teaching them anything new or isn't challenging enough to warrant needing study skills.

This seems to be a common theme on a few threads at the moment.

Yes, I have seen this "need to learn how to study" mentioned quite a bit lately. Both DD's get to hear how they need study skills all the time from me! DD10 understands a bit more why she and DD9 go to a class after school for math ("stretching the brain").
The camp is not expensive, but after reading over the few posts here, I am inclined to email the university to get some more details.