The local university is offering a study skills camp this summer for rising middle and high school students. I am thinking about sending DD9 as she was grade accelerated to 5th a few weeks ago, and I want her to be ready for 6th grade. DD's big sister (who will also start middle school) thought it sounded like a great idea for herself! I know that DD9 will throw a hissy fit because it's not going to be "fun" like other camps. I feel it would be a good bet - DD has ADHD inattentive type so is queen of disorganization, and the fact that she has now skipped the end of 4th and beginning of 5th means she needs some study tools under her belt. The camp is to teach learning strategies,test taking skills, and organizational skills. It's just a couple of hours per day for a week.
Good idea? Also, love to hear how other parents prepared their accelerated girls for middle school. She already goes to middle school Sunday school/has older friends/knows about sex and drugs. What am I missing? Oh, is it too early to talk with the school? I met with the AIG teacher a month ago when we thought about applying to the school so she is aware of our family. There is one other child there who is grade accelerated, and I know that family is very involved with the school to make sure the child is doing ok.