I attended the parent seminar at my son's CTD class this past weekend. The speaker was Dr. Noreen Winningham, who is at the Univ. of Chicago where they developed "Everyday Math" also known as Univ. of Chicago Math or sometimes called Chicago Math. Does anyone have any experience using this curriculum?

Dr. Winningham spoke about what parents should expect from a math curriculum and emphasized the child's ability to converse mathematically. Focus should be on process, not just procedure. She suggested Everyday Math for us to use in homeschooling, but there is no specific format for homeschooling - it is designed for group instruction and requires teacher training.

She also suggested Singapore math, but NOT the US version. Also mentioned Trailblazers. Anyone have thoughts or comments on any particular curriculum, especially used for homeschooling?

Sidenote: Dr. Winningham HATES Saxon Math - says it is all procedural and the kids don't learn how to think. That pretty much confirmed our thoughts (DH and I). I doubt that our son will return to the school's math program until perhaps high school.