Just got DD10's latest evaluation and my head is spinning. Not only are her high numbers more than a full standard deviation lower than her last testing but the spread she is showing is beyond remarkable. The evaluator indicated the difference between her high area (verbal comprehension) and low areas (visual spatial, fluid reasoning, working memory and processing speed) occur at a base rate of 0.0% and 0.3% respectively. I thought with these sorts of discrepancies in was inappropriate to calculate a FSIQ and slow processing speed makes any number calculated meaningless. (DD's processing speed measured at the 2nd percentile.) Evaluator did calculate - and came up with a *very* low number - and said likelihood that it was accurate was 95%. Same with calculating GAI. This seems like a problem to me. Any input?

Grade level equivalents (DD is in 4th grade) ranged from below kindergarten to grad school level (>17.7). Significantly below grade level in most academic tasks but way above grade level in areas of comprehension, verbal, oral, etc.

Has anyone else had a child with this kind of spread? Anyone with an older kid that can give me some piece of mind that she has any chance at all of overcoming all of this?