Just to be clear about how DS7's teacher handles it when he blurts - she does correct him on the spot, just not in a way that humiliates him.

It's more like "DS7 - I'd like to give OtherKid a chance to say what he thinks. Then we'll get ideas from others, including you."

It's less like "DS7 - you are being so rude and disrespectful. Why can't you behave like the other kids."

And another important point - when he raises his hand, she does come back to him for his thoughts after other kids speak.

This is 180 degrees from Evil Kindergarten Teacher. And it has actually allowed him to grow and improve his impulse control instead of having him spiral more and more into unhappiness and lack of control.

Blurting and interrupting are not OK. Not blurting and not interrupting are learned skills, and harder to learn for some kids. I'm so glad DS has a teacher that will teach him "not blurting, not interrupting" rather than just scold and humiliate him for not having already learned it.

Of course - this doesn't stop other parents from rolling eyes and treating DS and me like pariahs. But that's another topic!