Ben, the thing is, my impression of his mastery of a skill is not relevant as I have no idea how the assessments are done and what his teachers expectations are.
I worry, because if there are any gaps in his skills then I need to know sooner than later so that he can be steered in the right direction. I have a conference in line so hopefully I will know more about how he is being assessed.

Chay, I can see engagement in the class as an issue. But not that he might not be participating. My worry is that, he might be participating way more than expected. He is a highly verbal and emotional child and has opinions about every single thing which he feels, need to be expressed. He is extremely aware of his surroundings at all times.
Ex: if a child in his class is having a rough day, he will be more worried about that child's issues than what teacher is teaching.
I doubt that he has a LD, but I will get his teacher's opinion in any case.

notnafnaf, I will talk to him about the academics. He has mentioned a few times that he feels he is dumb, because he can't do multiplication and division yet. I don't know if kids in his class are already doing multiplication and division or he is comparing himself to older kids.

Last edited by joys; 01/27/15 12:13 PM.