Originally Posted by MichelleC
In fact, polarbear, I will stay very, very, still while you whomp me upside the head. Hard.

Oh gosh, I wouldn't ever do that! Not only am I a huge pacifist... that would be just ridiculous... if you're bored you might search on some of my past threads where I freely admit I had *NO* clue my dd had severe issues with double vision until we'd taken her all the way through a neuropsych exam and landed at the developmental optometrists' office for an eval! It's so easy to miss vision issues... And yes, her eyes did not track *at all*... which was clear as a bell.. once I knew what to look for! The good news is, vision therapy worked wonders for our dd.

Originally Posted by blackcat
DS7 can't follow a pen either, however when I watch his eyes reading they track just fine. We had taken him to a neuro-opthamologist and she as alarmed by how poorly he did tracking on command, but watched him read and then said "Obviously his eyes are fine."

How did they determine and measure the "just fine"? I'm just curious - our developmental optometrist has kids read through lenses that are attached to a computer program which tracks eye movement while reading. I would never have "seen" the issue just by watching my dd read, but I could definitely see her eyes diverge when following a pencil held in front of them and moved in circles etc.

polarbear