Thanks aeh, I sent you a PM. For the alphabet writing fluency test it says she made two errors. The Z and one other letter that she wrote over, so she correctly wrote 23 letters. Do you think it's normal for a 4th grader to even make an error like writing a z backwards? She fixed it but that's probably because it looked obviously wrong. She seems too old for that.

I guess I'm confused about why the report says nothing about the discrepancy between her cognitive ability and her performance on most of the tests (as well as gaps between subtests, like fluency usually being lower). According to the State best practices for evaluations, they are supposed to be looking at patterns of strengths and weaknesses but I just don't see anything in here about that, leading me to believe they are going to say "she is performing at the right level, you are crazy for worrying about any of this, and we don't need to do anything." Although she did state that there is a discrepancy on the actual eligibility checklist where she had to fill in the scores.

That's an awesome study for copying speed! Thanks! That's what I was looking for. I can take that in and say that I think their results are fascinating because the kids are so impaired. Perhaps half the class should be evaluated? smile