like Waldorf I really wanted to love Montessori - only I didn't.

We went for a trial day - What I liked, there was a sense of calm that would have suited DD4 brilliantly also the tidiness. The teaches also seemed very engaged which was lovely.

What I didn't like - DD was in the process of being tested for GT so I was still a bit unsure of what her needs where - anyway to show us how the system worked the head teacher pulled out a box of colours that DD had to match, then sort etc - there were about 4 activities. After DD completed them in 5 minutes the HT advised us that she would be ready to mix colours in the sink. Something we (and every other family I know with ND kids have done since she was a toddler)that was there upper limit on colour so she would have completed it before lunch.

Next was the masters appreciation where DD would have a colour by numbers style picture to colour. Not only would she be critiqued on her colouring skill but also her ability to match the colour. I'm sure this has its' uses but my DD is a perfectionist with very strong art capabilities. Introducing guidelines into this field would be a disaster.

Other than that DD has "issues" with having to follow other peoples rules, apparently only her rules count....