I have an update on my decision to skip grade 5 next year. My son is rapidly going through the grade 5 Math now both in and out of school. He will be prepared at least for that. His 4th grade teachers are apprehensive. To paraphrase them, they feel that his thoughts and ideas are beyond kids his age, but he has a hard time processing them fast enough (I feel that is because he considers things from every angle possible). They worry that future teachers will put pressure and expectations on him that woud be too much for him to handle. I am speaking mostly to his writing. They gave the example of the class reading of a book about racism. They called on him to respond to something about the book and he got flustered. They expected him to immediately respond to their question because of his high level of understanding. He didn't and started to get upset. I am wondering if it is because he was consideringanother aspect of the topic that was much bigger. I say this because the teacher told me that he approached her after class and asked her if they would still be teaching this book had their been a black child in the class (we live in a mainly white area). He fwas upset about the possiblity of that happening and the topic being upsetting fo that child.

I am going on an on and I am sorry but I really could use the help with this decision.