It seemed like my son's knowing too much was a problem in Kindergarten because it just led to more questions. For example, the teacher was telling him and the rest of the class about long and short vowel sounds and my son, who always looked for those exceptions that teachers don't seem to want to talk about, was a little upset when I went to pick him up one day. He told me what the teacher said and then he said "What about the e's in "entendre" like in double entendre?" He named more words where the e was pronounced differently, but that is the one that I remember because I remember thinking how many 5 year olds could read double entendre, know what it means because he enjoyed reading the dictionary, and think of this and other exceptions to what the teacher was telling him. This kind of thing really bothered him. He felt that the teacher didn't want him to ask questions about what she was teaching. He was supposed to not ask questions even when the teacher asked if there were any questions because he somehow asked the "wrong" questions and he was supposed to be content with doing lots of coloring in the lines, which he was not good at because he has motor dyspraxia. My son did not fit in and nobody could make him fit in and that is why we homeschool.