Thanks, st pauli girl!

Hmm. I am only familiar with several states and just assumed that most other states participate. I guess it's mostly an organized way for schools to accommodate parent visits with minimum disruptions by congregating most parents on the same days. Our schools always stressed that parents are welcome to visit other days and I actually had to do that one year due to my work schedule. Anyhow, it has always been a nice opportunity for parents to socialize with one another.

Thankfully, DD is the type who is fine with staying with the group and taking it easy. I have been providing challenges in the form of competition math just so she doesn't get stuck with that 100% mentality. I don't want her to skip half of Pre-Algebra (which is really Pre-Geometry as well) and half of Algebra even if it's really easy now as I am always concerned about that solid foundation. Unfortunately, it can be an extensive process getting tested first by the school and then the district and reorganizing her schedule so we are looking at 3rd quarter if we wanted a change.