Well, we've hashed out the numbers already in the earlier thread about widening access that got locked...according to the probabilities that I didn't understand but take a statisticians word for, even in large metropolitan areas it might be difficult to reliably fill a congregated classroom with HG+ kids every year. One solution at least for larger cities (I don't care about district sizes, merely geographical accessibility) could be mixed age classrooms (three grades, the montessori style) with highly individualized Instruction and keeping the kids with the highest LOGs carefully at the lowest end of the age distribution. (Which of course needs highly specialized teachers, or maybe a very enthusiastic volunteer from teach first - I am sure even an MG grad from a highly selective school could teach a PG kid, or at the least help a PG kid learn.
Of course, the smaller the student population of the area, the lower the LOG needed to be admitted in order to fill a classroom like that. However, I'd think that an area would have to be extremely rural in order to go as far down as the 75th percentile - which isn't to say I do not believe that those kids do not need accelerated instruction too, I believe they do.
Maybe someone here can run the math. I can't.