I have a few random thoughts and questions for you - based on this plus taking a quick look back at previous posts.

Do you have scores from your ds' Beery VMI subtests? And the WISC processing subtest scores? Variations in these subtest scores (or no variation) may provide clues to what's up.

Can you post the subtest scores for the WJ-III Broad Writing? The "Broad" score is a sum of three subtests. If only the fluency score is low, that would be an indication of dysgraphia because it is dependent on fine motor skills plus it's timed. OTOH, with dysgraphia many of us see all three WJ-III fluency scores dip low (math fluency + reading fluency) because for a dysgraphic child the thing being measured is handwriting speed rather than the concept that is supposed to be tested. If there are other language processing issues, you might see a relatively low score on one of the other writing subtests, and that seems like it would fit in more with what you've been wondering about your ds (but - that's just a guess on my part!).

Re auditory processing - my older dd was suspected of having auditory processing challenge when she was younger. She was assessed by an audiologist, not by LMB. Had she been diagnosed with APD, the audiologist would also have done the remediation. It was all done with a medical referral from our ped, would not have been the intensive remediation recommended by LMB, and would have been paid partially by medical insurance (we have friends who have a dd with an APD diagnosis and this is how they approached therapy for it). They also had accommodations put into place at school right away (preferential seating etc) and the accommodations helped tremendously. I just mention that because, while the LMB approach may be wonderful and successful, it's most likely not the only approach available for APD in most areas.

You've posted about test results and asked about how it fits with dysgraphia - would you mind posting about what you see in your ds' academics and homelike that are challenges at the moment? That might help us understand the bigger picture of what's going on right now.

Best wishes,

polarbear

ps - one last question about the WJ-III scores - does "they are all consistently 95%" mean that each subtest is at the 95th percentile or does it mean each of the "broad scores" is at the 95th percentile? If it's just the broad scores, it might help to post the subtest scores.

Last edited by polarbear; 11/25/14 12:16 PM.