My DD10 (DYS) got 95 percentile in English on EXPLORE in 4th grade and read and comprehended HP books at 6. So, yes, it's not challenging enough for her in 6th grade.

In Math, there are regular classes for 6-8th graders.
Also, accelerated Math for 6th- 6th+part of 7th, acc Math for 7th- part of 7th+ 8th, acce Math for 8th- Algebra I. TAG Math for 6th - part of 7th + 8th, 7th- Algebra I, 8th- Geometry.

In LA, they have regular classes and TAG classes. It uses the same books but discussion and the work is supposedly more challenging. But the pace is very slow (at least for my DD).

My DD took the test and accelerated to Algebra I and she will need to go to HS in 8th grade to take Algebra II. There will be logistic nightmare since she will miss some classes in MS to make that Algebra II but it will be easier since some of her friends will be in the same boat. She was thinking about accelerating in LA as well but none of her friends are interested and scheduling will be harder.

We don't want her to skip again and finish HS early. We thought she could do dual credits and finish HS and Community college when she graduates. Their HS has many AP classes so We are not worried about HS. But the pace is just too slow for her in MS.

The State requires at least Eng I, II, and III and recommend I-IV. But I don't think our kids want to stop there.