I am glad you are getting an assessment!

I will agree that IFSP are easier to obtain than IEPs once they hit K. We lost our IEP because we are in a state w/o GT services and her areas of concern were not proven to affect her academics (since she was reading and writing in preschool) and she did not have any major behavioral issues.....

We had an assessment at 3 and the information was very helpful , BUT the cognitive simply was done to average (and that is noted in the paperwork-- that cognitive was done to average level and then discontinued even though child was still correctly answering questions. It was also added that the tester suspected if complete testing was done, the child would score signifigantly higher .Due to age constraints (accuracy of a cognitive assessment in 3 year old) and time--- it was only completed to assure that there was not a cognitive disability.

We WERE able to get OT support for sensory concerns (SPD & auditory sensitivity), which was fabulous....we also got social skills support and some PT from age 3-5. All were discontinued when she moved to 1st (she did not do K) due to lack of academic impact since she was above grade level.

For quirks, we have had wonderful support w/o an IEP from 1-4th grade. Lots of informal accommodations that have helped a lot! (closed captioning on videos, omit timer on testing, preferential seating, visual cues, etc)

I do hope you get a helpful and thorough evaluation that helps your DC placed in K in a way that is beneficial for your whole family!