You’re worth your weight in bitcoin, aeh!

Originally Posted by aeh
I only count eight. grin

It’s just that I’m still formulating the other 92…

It will probably be at least another week before we have an official meeting with the school, but it looks like O-G style remediation is well beyond the school’s capacity. So we probably shouldn’t wait, as we’ve already lost a big chunk of school year, and I can see the strain and anxiety starting to come out. We’ll get going at home as soon as I can obtain some materials, probably All About Reading.

(1) For those of you who used both at home and private tutoring, what were the added benefits of the private tutoring? How can it best be used?

(2) For school, what accommodations actually made the most difference for your child, and why?

(3) Are the O-G-types programs you’ve found a better or worse fit for different kinds of kids/ challenges? Older starters (grade 3)? I notice many are equally intended to be used for starting readers, and I am worried she could be demoralized by materials clearly targeted at pre-K/K.

(4) What have you found useful to remediate or accommodate in math?

(5) We’ve been continually re-assured that the she may just be a late bloomer (especially with the French immersion), and the problem could self-resolve in a year or two. Is this just wishful thinking, or has anyone actually experienced this under similar circumstances? Not that it would change anything we do, just curious....

Thanks so much for your advice, everyone.