aeh - Thanks for taking so much time to review the scores. Having seen your many contributions to this forum, just knowing you think this all adds up is an enormous relief. We have the (rare?) benefit of results that feel like they make sense, so it helps to know you don’t see gaping questions so far.

You’ve also made sense of the many outliers, which is really helpful to this LD newbie. I am starting to better understand the patterns and what they are trying to tell me. Those WRAML outliers were particularly bugging me, as what limited descriptions I could find of the tests suggested the two low score tasks were visual-spatial manipulations akin to block design, but done mentally. Your explanation makes much more sense. Would depressed memory scores in these areas in particular be expected, given the dyslexia findings?

Which raises another question. Based on my attempts to read sub-test names it seems like low memory/ processing scores are more likely to be in visual rather than auditory areas. Am I misunderstanding? Our psych told us the opposite - that the weaker areas were tending towards auditory, thus re-enforcing the question about CAPD. Auditory processing disorder originally came up both because DD meets a lot of criteria (though these heavily overlap with ADHD, thus the tentative diagnosis there), and also because DD misheard some m’s and n’s in verbal instructions.

And jumping in to another area where I have no idea what I am talking about…. the memory and processing scores are much lower than verbal ability, but still mostly pretty normal. Even the CTOPPs are still average/ low average. The achievement scores, however, are much below. In my simple mind, it seems like there should be more relation between the functional and the achievement measures. Does this disparity reinforce the likelihood that there is also something else - like ADD or CAPD - going on? Or just that dyslexia doesn’t necessarily affect the things the WRAML, CTOPP and WISC can measure, even when it is having that much affect on achievement?

FYI, I don’t see anything that looks at all like the “oral reading fluency” you mentioned wanting to see - would you expect it to be there, and might it be called something else?

As for wondering how she does with idea generation and organization… well, like on almost anything, she does great on self-generated tasks. She’s incredibly creative, and loves to draw and invent stories in the form of improv songs. She’ll happily write (almost indecipherable) lists, menus and invitations to go with her games. On the other hand, her teacher is describing the page left blank for a 20 minutes, with nothing getting written, after spending two days discussing how they will start writing this particular work. As for organization, well…. the ADD shoe fits. But you may have specific kinds of examples in mind?

Now, the math side…. Hmm, I’m pretty blank here. I have a bit of a grasp of the kinds of remediation that reading and spelling will require. I have no idea if there is something equivalent we will need to do with numbers? Or how dyslexia may affect math development over the longer term? yikes. Whole new thought.

You do a good deed, and I come back with a hundred more questions. Sorry about that!

Been reading up on the All About Reading/All About Spelling system - it looks like it might be a good fit (and I noted you speak from personal experience, so a good endorsement.) I thank you again for sharing the benefits of your personal and professional expertise. Much appreciated.

P.S. squishys - she’s a plain 99th VCI, which is actually higher than I expected given that she really doesn’t read. (Her brother also resisted reading until near this age, then took off; that seemed to have a big effect on his WISC scores age 8 vs 10.)