My son has had a language explosion over the past week or so. He has started to say a ton of words and even use two or three word sentences!
He isn't even 16 months yet - I was expecting it closer to 18 months. He was standing in our bed today playing with the headboard. My husband told him not to shake it and he turned and said "okay daddy" and stopped - wow.
The only downside happened Saturday morning. He woke up at 5:00 in the morning! He got me and my husband out of bed and took us to the front door. We said what do you want? He said "go". We said "where". He replied "car". We said, "where in the car". He said "vroom" and started laughing smile

I think he may have dreamed he was driving someplace and wanted to really go there. He is starting to use him imagination a bit more - he will put my cell phone to his ear and pretend to talk. Then, he will just start giggling as if someone on the other end said something funny!

I am very happy he can verbalize his wants and needs much better, I am not sure how I feel about his desire for adventure at 5:00 in the morning though!