Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: stbmom Mommy brag! - 02/11/07 08:51 PM
My son has had a language explosion over the past week or so. He has started to say a ton of words and even use two or three word sentences!
He isn't even 16 months yet - I was expecting it closer to 18 months. He was standing in our bed today playing with the headboard. My husband told him not to shake it and he turned and said "okay daddy" and stopped - wow.
The only downside happened Saturday morning. He woke up at 5:00 in the morning! He got me and my husband out of bed and took us to the front door. We said what do you want? He said "go". We said "where". He replied "car". We said, "where in the car". He said "vroom" and started laughing smile

I think he may have dreamed he was driving someplace and wanted to really go there. He is starting to use him imagination a bit more - he will put my cell phone to his ear and pretend to talk. Then, he will just start giggling as if someone on the other end said something funny!

I am very happy he can verbalize his wants and needs much better, I am not sure how I feel about his desire for adventure at 5:00 in the morning though!
Posted By: delbows Re: Mommy brag! - 02/11/07 10:13 PM
According to my mother in-law, my husband enjoyed adventure in the morning also. One time they awoke to find him on top of the refrigerator and another time awoke to find him outside on the eave of a two story house!

When my son was 18 months, I came downstairs in the morning to find him sitting at the kitchen table surrounded by Raisin Bran. He had crawled out of his crib, climbed down the stairs, pushed a chair over to the counter, climbed up, and got a bowl and the box of cereal. When I found him, he was sitting at the table with cereal in his bowl, on the table, on the chair and floor holding a spoon and smiling ear to ear! I have a picture of the scene on my wall still.

The are really exhausting at that age, but so much fun too! Enjoy!
Posted By: Grinity Re: Mommy brag! - 02/12/07 01:46 AM
LOL - this is so cool. I'm not sure what age, but I remember Ds10 saying "Big Fish eat Little Fish?"
I nodded "yess"
"Big Car eat Little Car?" and cracked himself up!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum