Yes, there really is a difference and it will be apparent again and it will carry through in adulthood.

You did an excellent job of describing what you are experiencing. I know exactly what you are talking about.

I like to think of this period when the gifted child is able to blend in to a better extent almost like nature's camouflage. Gifted childhood can be difficult when the child is always standing out positively or negatively. It feels like a 'break' for the entire family when it does not have to be so obvious all of the time.

I actually feel like you can enjoy not having to be so noticeable and just go about your life enjoying the gifts, exploring them, developing them, sharing them if you choose and accomplishing goals.

It is so awkward to have to discuss and state or explain the 'high-IQ' experience, but don't discount the differences, humans wouldn't be monitoring IQ if there was no validity to it. High-IQ people notice it more probably by the very definition of intelligence - intel / data about what is happening in the world around us. You're sensitive and you don't want to be unkind. There are enough documented expressions of gifted people not understanding non-gifted people and vice versa.

Thanks for your post. I appreciated your ability to articulate so well. Best regards.