I know. The whole grade skipping has come up a lot the last year... I think I have what one article talked of - fear of empty nest (although I have a pile of 3 kids). And I hear the teacher who last year talked about her skip for 1st and gently noted we should do it (skip) until it was an actual "fit" not a band-aid. i just think if she was in a self contained environment that allowed floating up for some subjects we could also bow to the unsyncronized aspect to... she is 6 and 3rd in public seems - well they seem overly or overtly mature (or into overly mature topics).

on one hand - I think she'll be bored but will she want to be in 3rd. we were going to schedule a new wisc or sb for davidson use - but i'm going to put my money into another round of achievement testing to see how much of a problem we are looking at. we were 3rd for reading and 2 for math in pre-school. after finishing 1st... i don't know... i'm naively and pathetically hoping somehow she stunted.

how do you find comfort with them just filling a seat in a school desk. will i be surprised how well it could work out?