I get the sense that the educators think your DD is so ahead, she's fine, doesn't need much extra but they will accomodate the obvious issue at hand, which is that her reading ability is too high for the books that the other student are reading. That's a good sign, they are differientating with reading. I read this classic sad story over and over on these forums. I hope this nonspecific but somewhat of an action plan really does make the difference.
In regards to your question, what should you expect? A LOT. You have to, you are her advocate so be as annoying as you want to be. And as a former teacher, I can tell you that administrators comply with more demanding parents just to get them off their back. So list all of your concerns, meet with the principal, you never know, they might "get" it already, perhaps they understand more about gifted children than others do.
The reality is that most teachers are not taught systematic differentiation and are only given curriculum for that grade level, to get access to other grade level materials is a huge ordeal for them. The best option for a parent is to make a stink and hopefully the administrators will assist in supporting her teacher to get the appropriate materials she needs.