I don't have to worry about homeschooling kindergarten actively; DS2.11 is already driving the "curriculum" bus. He's hot housing himself. Topics that he wanted to explore today--complete with some experiments he asked to do by early afternoon:

- water and the water cycle
- why does water flow?
- the roosting habits of ghost faced bats, including building a DS-sized spelunking cave out of blankets and pillows, complete with model bats, cave crabs, cockroaches, guano (yes, he wanted to model guano), and stalactites
- why Egyptians left the heart in mummies, as well as a discussion of what DS would put in canonic jars ("definitely the heart and brain")
- how Egyptians removed the brain ("did they have to pull it out the body's sinuses?")
- listening to a song about the periodic table
- discussing various human body systems in great detail, going into a lot of detail (e.g. How does oxygen travel to alveolar sacs and get into the bloodstream? Do capillaries carry both oxygenated and deoxygenated blood?)
- practicing spelling by reading words off a tin of zoo magnets, and describing what "new" words would be produced if the first/last letter was changed or omitted

I feel like a hero. We did all that, are both fed and bathed, and I squeezed in a morning workout, cleaned the kitchen, and washed and folded a load of laundry. Contrast that with the days where he gets so fixated on a topic that we're unwashed in a messy house, eating oatmeal and berries at noon (or later!)

What is to give light must endure burning.