Thanks for those links. I had reviewed those discussions before posting.

The school will not be able to give DS any dyslexia/dysgraphia support because he is performing at or above grade level. And we don't have any sort of GT or accelerated pull outs. We are researching private options.

The accommodations DS needs are more in the line of optimizing instruction and discipline strategies to leverage strengths and avoid weaknesses. These strategies don't usually align with typical classroom strategies (staying in at recess, green/yellow/red charts, etc.). The meetings we had last year eventually achieved this, but it took until mid-February before the teacher was on board with the plan. By then, there was a back log of frustration on both sides and learning was pretty minimal.

I was hoping to use the evaluation results to help accelerate that whole process this year. Based on the advice folks gave in the 504 thread, I've been waiting until the year settles in. But on the other hand, he's already starting to knock heads with the teacher and other kids, and my gut says the window of opportunity for this year is closing.

I'll meet with the teacher soon, but I'm fearful of sharing the quantitative evaluation results, and even of having the dyslexia/dysgraphia getting chiseled into his file, since they won't be doing anything to support that.

So the question I haven't been able to answer is - how do I sniff out whether it will hurt or harm DS in the school system if his evaluation results become a part of his plan.

Apologies if this is redundant. I guess I might be looking for answers that aren't there!

Many thanks,
Sue