I'm hoping I can get some guidance from folks who have already gone down this road.

We recently completed a full neuropsych evaulation for our DS6. The WISC IV results showed (edited to keep intervals, remove numbers):

FSIQ (extended norms) X
GAI (extended norms) X+29
VCI(extended norms)- X+39
PRI (extended norms) - X-10
Working memory - X-36
Processing speed - X-55

Achievement test results (WIAT-III) were low relative to IQ:
Math Composite X-14
Oral Composite X-15

The preliminary report also indicated dyslexic-type processing and dysgraphia.

As the new school year starts, DS is already struggling in the classroom with behavior/anxiety/isolation issues. This follows on to struggles he had last year. I had many meetings with teacher/principal/psychologist about support strategies, and I assume we will be doing the same this year.

What I am struggling with is whether to share any or all of the evaluation info with the school. I expect the school will look at any mention of IQ as excuse-making, and will point out that in our area, there are many kids with high IQs. I also fear that a dyslexia label will be an obstacle to DS getting opportunities he might otherwise get for advanced (interesting to him) work.

Any feedback you can offer as to why or why not to share the testing info with the school would be most helpful.

Thanks so much for your help!

Last edited by suevv; 09/02/14 09:35 AM. Reason: removing test scores