Hi BrandiT, we live in Spring, TX, near Houston.

I know our ISD requires testing the year prior to the year you qualify. So, in Kinder we will be testing for 1st grade. We will do the testing then and see how he does. My fear is he won't qualify with test scores but still need the GT curriculum. I guess having him tested now would give me some peace and let me know where we stand. My hubs wants to wait, so I think we shall. One thing I did read on this forum (which helped a lot) was consider private testing before you consider 17K a year for private school. It's better to spend a few hundred before 17K!

Another thing, does anyone have their kid(s) in counseling? Monthly or weekly sessions? Sometimes I think it would help for DS to talk to someone who can relate. He does have some social anxiety, getting overwhelmed, etc. Preschool has helped a lot but it still happens.
We had a party at our house. Just 4 adults and DS lost his mind! Crying, screaming, and hiding in my bedroom. I finally calmed him down but had to sit with him in my bedroom. It's one step forward and three steps back sometimes.

Also music seems to bother him. He likes classical music and playing his keyboard but he gets distressed when I play anything else. It's not loud music, just in general. Some times I think he just trying to get his way though smile